March 04, 2005

Gravatar

I am getting one. I just have to wait for "them" to rate it. I don't know if it will work here but it will work on Supergood and I am excited.

Luke, just for you, we have set it up so you and other anonymouses can comment. I live to please.

I went to work drinks this afternoon. Actually I kind of organised them, and then sat there and had a disturbing sense of being in an episode of the Office. I have managed in my "i've had a few and am suddenly incredibly assertive and witty state" to offend the Registrar at work. This evening she raised an incident we had at the Christmas party back in December which I had completely forgotten about whereby I teased her for having been spotted in the weekend wearing a headband. But I felt I could make that call without malice as I am a self-proclaimed product of the 80s and have gotten a fair bit of stick about it in my time. And I was just making friends. Anyway, she is basically the second most senior person in the organisation, well, it's administrative arm at least, and I am fairly new and unimportant and fast doing the other thing I apparently do whereby I shock people who don't know me with how at odds my true nature is with people's first impression of me. My boss thinks I'm the sweetest most innocent little thing around and sat there and took great delight in telling my colleagues how I have a tattoo at the top of her voice and then made a big drama about the thing with me and the Registrar and I sat there and squirmed a bit with the building tension. I hope she doesn't hate me. (The Registrar that is) I am thinking about getting her a copy of Flashdance as a conciliatory gesture. It was my themesong in first year.

I am home now and probably not going too far for the rest of the weekend as I have left my bag at work with my ID, eftpos card, and cellphone. I can just hear the voice that should really accompany this statement. It should be whiny, high pitched and preface every sentence with "Ohmygod". Judge me if you want. But it is security. A girl's gotta eat.

Now I'm bored. Everyone has gone to bed. I knew my inner serenity wouldn't last.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for that Bridie. You should come see my new place sometime, but this time no collapsing on top of me and passing out.

    hahaha I wonder if you can even delete that.

     
  • At 8:49 am, Blogger Pix said…

    Brilliant Luke! Last time I do you any favours. And I can't make any promises.
    I've seen your place remember. Are you having a flatwarming?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home