February 13, 2005

No sand through the hour glass here please

Perhaps I am becoming more like my mother in my old age. Or perhaps I have experienced enough ebbs in my quarter century that I am a bit more resilient and less tolerant to melodrama now. But I am just not bothered with grown up paddys and i have been witness to a fair few recently. I'm getting fed up with the whole scene in Wellington to be completely blunt, and reassessing my long term plans. Actuallly, just trying to come up with some.

I'm on my own here tonight, and I am finding solitude less of a burden lately also. I walked out to Otari yesterday, I think I'm getting a bit big for the Botanical gardens as well. The round trip took a little under two hours, which I was quite impressed with, as this included walking one of the more sedate tracks that hugs the Kaiwharawhara stream for a while. Streams, trees and cicadas and shit don't have any problems, they were good company. It was so nice that I went back there again today with Lauren, who doesn't grizzle too much most of the time (just tricks) and we did one of the more robust walks. I think I will frequent there more often.

"Can't you just bottle it up, I'm sick of hearing it?" I really love that, that was good form Sarah.

I went for a swim at Balaena Bay yesterday afternoon (also on my own while less brave souls watched from the shore) and it was windy as hell but the water was toasty warm. I also want to do more of that.

Tomorrow is Valentines Day. I have never really bothered with that boy (with whom I have spent the better part of my adult years with thus far) since I came back to Wellington and realised I was much more fun without him, but I can't help but wonder if he is different with the new one and will do anything sweet. Valentines is a crock. I think there would be a certain amount of consensus about that, even amongst the most quixotic and naturally amorous of us. But hell, sigh. It's just having your nose rubbed in it a bit isn't it. I think I will buy myself something. Oh actually, wait. I do have a date. With my married friend. She has promised wine, candles and a sentimental movie, which i suppose is more than i ever got from aforementioned ex. Her husband is off being a fireman and we are going to make a paella. I do quite like my single life though. No, I like my single self. I prefer it at the moment...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Mark: Yes, I am totally in that class, particularly when I am not getting any.

    Jimmy: If you keep walking round past Oriental you would find it. It is a respectably sized little pebble bay.

    And good!

    Sarah: I think this set up is much more feng shui in tune. I was sick of the tampon ad and Jimmy convinced me the pixie pic sucked. And I like the name Sarah too. You are doin alright for yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home