February 07, 2005

Tuki Tuki

I went to the Hawkes Bay for the first time in the weekend, and I'm a bit taken with the place. I could get used to a lifestyle that revolves very much around sun, food and wine. The Harvest festival was on, but Sally and I were content to go and sit at one of the wineries and eat nice food, drink moderately good wine (only cause we're cheap) and be serenaded by a couple of guys with an admirable amount of talent and versatility to their act. It was cool.

Joe was busy with his autism research but later we hooked up with him and this pommy boy that works on the family's 1800 acre farm and jumped off a 20ft waterfall. This is not a pixie tendency for embellishment of her own prowess in play. This was the boys assessment of the situation, and I suffered the wedgies to prove it. God it was beautiful though.

I have also discovered that my ambition to hook myself a rich farmer has one fatal flaw. I'm not tough enough. We were sitting down to Sally's mum's dinner of a life time (two legs of lamb, with garlic and rosemary) and the two inside dogs Dougal and maybe Tiki? went berserk at something outside, and when let outside raced to a tree in the garden. Further investigations led to a terrified cat, and once it was established it wasn't the neighbours the decision was made to shoot it. Ha ha, they were joking though right. No next minute Sal's dad is striding past the dinner table with a big gun and a couple of minutes later the report signalled that fluffy was on to his tenth life. I was a bit embarrassed about how distressed I was about the whole thing, especially when the dogs came back in with blood on them.

I'm sure there is more to write about but I'm tired and have had enough of the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home