January 23, 2005

Are big breasts really all that?

I could see this being the title for a Rickii Lake show. No, that's a lie, because i'm pretty sure the consensus would be YES! And I would not be disinclined to agree, even from a female perspective, (admittedly a far less than well-endowed female perspective!)

But I have to say I feel kind of liberated when I see big busted women running. I mean it must be a physically daunting task to take on gravity like that. There are just some aspects of nature that even the most steel-reinforced of sports bra isn't going to accommodate. And I quite like to run. When it became apparent that the euphemism "petite" was going to stick, I wish the influential women in my life had brought the more immediately relevant issue of running to my attention instead of consoling me with "well, at least they won't be down around your knees when you are older". But then maybe it's not as bad as it looks. The girls on BayWatch coped. Although, perhaps that's why they played those scenes in slow-mo.....

Anyway, my big news is I bought new running shoes, and they are one sleek, sexy, stream-lined pair of runners, baby. My last pair got left behind in Nelson after the pinky finger incident. So the plan is, if the Big One hits, I'm going to run my way outta the city. Set!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home