January 16, 2005

Abouttime...

Some Summer. Although i nearly ruined anexceptionally sunny beautiful weekend by being hungover both mornings (I think this morning was mostly tiredness) I managed to get a healthy dose of VitD. Bierre and i went for the first snorkel of the season at island Bay yesterday and although it was a bit of a struggle getting into and out of the wetsuit (actually it was a bloody circus, bierre wasstanding on my feet and pulling upwards and there were a lot of expletives and laughing, because i still can't use my righty for most things, she's a good buddy) it was so nice there. The water was cold, but sparkling and pristine, and underneath all the plants and seaweed are vivid and moving and alive and there were heaps of fish not particularly worried about me swimming along after them. Bierre had an underwater camera and we stayed in for ages until we were shivering and had to bask in the shallows for awhile. And then as soon as we got out we wanted to go back in again so we went for a swim and it was icy without a wetsuit.

We went swimming today as well down at Oriental Bay, and the water was much warmer, but there were people everywhere and it's not a particularly nice beach,i suppose they've done what they can with imported sand.

Sally, Jimmy, Bierre, JoeM Mark B and a few of his friends (oh and me) had a picnic at the botanical gardens friday night and the Wellington Synforia (not sure if that's right) was playing. I think it was pretty commercial bread and butter stuff (National Bank ad theme etc) it was such a nice atmosphere with the coloured lights in the trees casting eerie shadows and all the families and a bit of bubbly. I found Jimmy again and then him Jonno Joe and i went to Wazzo Clash at bodega which was quite good even though i would have committed pinky finger suicide if i had danced and so got increasingly wobbly relegated to my stool as the night progressed, the booziness fatigued and i just got damn tired.

I think i'ma bit of a mess and full of shit and ashamed of my don't hate me cause i'm happy rant the other day. I had a really good girlie chat at Emma's last night, and i've decided i'm doing shit i should have got outta my system at highschool. Like the ad with those old people throwing shit at the security guard in the mall because they didn't misbehave enough ehen they were young. I just hope i don't get cynical and jaded. I do want to fall in love again. I'm just scared of ending up in that not so nice place again. It's easier notto rely on anyone, or place your happiness in someone else's hands. Isn't it?

This could end up a crappy NZ spin on Sex in the City. Sorry. But it would be me and all my de factoed friends. Hmmmm. Hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home