January 13, 2005

Why is happy bad?

So I've been feeling quite good since I got the cast off, I guess after feeling so grumpy for awhile my endorphins are pumping, and i'm excited about all the things i'll be able to do again, although i'm not quite physically there yet. And Bierre went to Church and there was a little girl there about 3 years old, and she was an actual Lil Brudder, meningitis is my guess, (she had one leg) and she forgot her name and bellowed out in the middle of communion, "Mum what's my name? I've forgotten my name!", but that's beside the point. My point is her thing is permanent, mine was for a very short time in comparison. And why is everyone else so miserable? They have two legs most of the time. And why is my optimism and laughter perceived as "simpleness" (I use the word "simpleness" intentionally as I think the verb "simplicity" has a more positive connotation than was intended by the word "simple"), or as unusual in the human disposition.
Have we really become so miserable?
And without overrating what i've been through or turning this into an Oprah special is it true, and i am reminded of the book The Prophet by Gibran that says something about knowing true suffering or sadness to be truly happy. I could have that misconstrued I guess.
Anyway i'm going to play dnd, this isn't what i intended to write about at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home