January 08, 2005

solitude - blight or bliss?

hmmmm, trying to be a bit clever there aren't i? I think i am really going to get into this...and i may have even sorted myself out a PC. Just have to make sure Kelly isn't ripping me off, she drives a hard bargain that girl.

Anyway the title. God i hate this one-handedness. Curses. After almost a whole week of practically having the flat to myself, while two were up north and the third was hosting a conference and out till all hours, i finally discovered the freedom it entailed today. Earlier in the week I was totally over myself and my incapacitation, and that was just the few hours after work when i had to amuse myself. I had just become so accustomed to never being alone i guess, especially after being in the terrace flat. But the weather has been so awful today (or delightful if you don't have to go out in it) with thunder and torrential rain that i stayed in my pjs until about 4 o'clock watching dvds. Oh at one point I threw some clothes over the top to go and get milk for tea. There was a car at the bottom of our steps swimming in a lake and a council man fishing around in the drain nearby to try and unplug it i guess. Other than talking to Kelly and pissing her off and a quick chat to Sarah m about new years resolutions and needing to create some scandals i didn't have any other human contact than the dairy boy and text messages. And it was so nice...but the conference finishes today and the other two are back in Wellie tonight.

And i am going to play dnd now, and we have a new PC!

But i plan to explore this being alone thing a bit more. I'm a grown woman (supposedly) for crying out loud.

that's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home