January 21, 2005

Blah!

I'm tired of myself already, So no boo hoo love is cruel sometimes cry me a river whoa oh here she comes today. Well, it's there, but I'm denying it. Emotional repression, soooo healthy.

But i don't want to recreate my angsty teenage diary days, so reading back just makes you feel like a big bag of assholes, because you never felt the inclination to write when the whole world didn't hate you.

I bbqued last night. Lauren and I have this great relationship, where she is the woman and I am the man and she stays inside and gets the salads ready and i take my beer out and do the cooking. I realise this isn't a very enlightened view, and probably doesn't accurately reflect my true feelings on gender stereotypes, but again I'm boring myself.

The point is I love bbquing. I was born in Australia and so it is in my blood. It's like i speak the same language as my bbq. I plan to clean it this weekend (while I am grounded) and i will polish it with the same tlc as some people might with their cars. Hmmm, that reminds me, I need to buy some more fat sukka.

You might care to remember the following (although you can never possess the same innate power to bbq as someone born to it):

DON'T clean it after cooking. When the plate is hot next time you cook, splash some beer on it and scrape off the sediment then. Proceed to oil the plate.
DO have all the correct tools and condiments, even if you don't use them, it will look impressive.
DO think about bbquing onions with your meat, it will give you something else to play with rather than terrorising your steak and losing the juices/tenderness.
DON'T overcook your steak. It should still moo a little.
DO take care bbquing onehanded. DON'T be surprised if eggs broken with aforementioned one hand make a goddam mess of the plate.

OK, that's all i'm gonna reveal this time.

In other matters, I went and did some lawyering today. Doesn't seem like there's much to it to be honest. God our justice system is fraught. And I used my retail savvy to return a portable cd player two days after the expiry of it's warranty, and got a spankin' new one. Yeah, I'm pretty sad.

We had another earthquake this morning, I was just down the path from our house and heard it get the shit rattled out of it, but i didn't feel the actual movement. And it was 5.5 and shook my books off my shelf and pictures off the pelmet and broke my jade plant, which used to be zen and now makes me sad. I'm not sure if i understand that concept. WELL IT'S BAD FENG SHUI THEN. Don't worry Ken is fine, and will be played soothing music. I will garner together a survival kit this weekend. Another good i'm grounded activity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home