January 31, 2005

When you don't write for ages....

There is a lot to say. Profound. But I can't be bothered with a big lengthy run down. That makes it not fun. So quick fire update. (For my records only, no entertainment value here)

I went to Phoenix Foundation at the botanical gardens with Couple number one at the flat (love is in the air everywhere oh dear bleh!) I don't mean that at all. I had a really good time, it was such an amazing atmosphere, huge turn out and they are really really good. And we had pumpkin pie and beer. Mmmm.

I behaved atrociously on friday night. Apologies to Luke for commandeering his bed (not that I was aware I had been put in it). I did have fun though, and it's fine if you wake up early enough in the morning that you are still drunk enough to stumble home. Will I ever learn? I kind of hope not.

So Saturday was a right off, but the newly engaged ones came over for a bbq that night and after having some food I was racing around in Mark's skate shoes (I had left mine at Luke's) playing football at Lyall Bay.

On Sunday I had to be really really productive and my acts of contrition included giving our flat a really good clean, as in cinderalla down on her knees scrubbing the kitchen floor. And then I went snorkelling all on my own because it was a beautiful beautiful day, Couple number two were off somewhere for a picnic I think and I don't wanna be a gooseberry and my snorkelling buddy is away at the moment.

Then I went to see Finding Neverland with a random assortment of boys. Peter Pan was my favourite fairytale and I once went to a book fair at primary school as the Indian princess Tiger Lily. All the other little girls were in their ballet tutus as tinkerbell or sleeping beauty and I went in a brown paper rubbish bag. I have to admit looking at the photo now that mum did a pretty awesome job of it. It was definitely a portent of my style to come though....

Speaking of mums, I'm tired of movies with plots such as that contained in Finding Neverland. Especially when there is no warning. Because I never normally cry at movies. It just reminds me that i'm not as tough as I think I am. I have been dreaming about her an awful lot lately...

4 Comments:

  • At 12:18 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Sorry, but your identity has been subsumed by the greater good that is your loving relationship.
    I was just being mildly cynical and at the same time show-casing my comparative independence.
    And i would read your blog if you didn't keep telling me it's crap!
    James, I also can't get to blogs from supergood. What have you done man!

     
  • At 3:05 pm, Blogger Jessie said…

    "Speaking of mums, I'm tired of movies with plots such as that contained in Finding Neverland. Especially when there is no warning."

    Thanks for the heads up :)

     
  • At 6:44 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Oh hi Jessie. Yeah I hoped that was subtle enough that only people that were sensitive to it would pick up on it, but subtlety isn't really my thing. Actually I didn't think anyone that I'd feel bad about ruining the plot of a movie for would visit here. Oh well.
    Stepmom is another shocker if you haven't already seen it.

     
  • At 5:07 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    No no, the stepmom doesn't die. Do not touch it, it is horrible. (especially after a few red wines)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home