February 14, 2005

Tell me what I want

I am a bit nervous that I have no idea. And all the bloody red and roses in the air doesn't help my sensibilities. I wonder how much weight you are meant to attribute to chance happenings, and how little weight I can attribute to my own sense of what is the true and proper course I should be steering.
I just had a couple of eerie encounters today that made me wonder whether I am really as in control as I tell myself, or I would like to be.
what i really like is the paella we made, and still being able to rustle up two good friends, both of whom are partnered up, to share Valentines with. A bit of Elton, a bit of wine, a bit of a soppy movie and I am on my way to believing that the old romantic in me is alive and well.
And I told my boss off today, which made me feel quite empowered.
And my hand physio wasn't crying this week, which was a huge relief.
And I got free health insurance through work, which is also a huge relief, although I don't want to say why, as I know it is probably childish. And I got to flirt a bit with the Southern Cross boy, not because I thought he was that cute, but just because I could, and it made his whole sales pitch a bit more interesting to sit through.
Okay, gotta vacate Lauren's room now.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:58 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    I still don't understand how you got i was preggers from that Jimmy. I was talking about weight in a figurative sense. Is that not clear?
    My physio had got some really bad news and was sobbing on the phone when I got there, but heroically decided my pinky needed her immediate attention (it didn't), though I assured her I was happy to come back she instead cried all over me. It was really awful.

     
  • At 3:25 pm, Blogger Jessie said…

    Hey, was the Southern Cross boy's name Andy?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home