February 20, 2005

My, how you've grown

Well I had a relatively good night last night. We were at Renee's till quite late and I watched the tail end of the cricket (which apparently i'm not supposed to feel bad about because of my birth place) and drank a bottle of wine with very little effect, and then the boys from school turned up minus a couple that had been expected because they were mourning the cricket and we went to town.

I think I am too old, or too conservative, or too unpractised. No, it was kind of fun, and I liked that a couple of the guys got id-ed and i didn't, and I liked how I had drinks bought for me, and I did get to have a bit of a boogie, but in that claustrophobic involuntary exchange of body fluids kind of environment. But I just feel myself withdrawing and getting a bit scornful of others who are managing to cut loose. At about 3 o'clock the lights went on and we went to get a pie, which was luke warm and discarded after a couple of bites, but before i got a chance this young guy was standing in front of me eating his pie and looking like he wanted to chat. So I said,

"bloody horrible aren't they"? gesturing to our pies, and he said,

"no, it's fantastic" or something to that effect and then looked at me knowingly and said, "Sarah. You have no idea who i am do you?" And I looked at him a bit mischievously having established i had been mistaken for my younger sister who used to be a regular in town until she got herself an almost husband and said,

"No, but you have no idea who I am either apparently".

then after a bit of clarification and wit and flirting we established that our sisters were best friends when I was little little, and him even littler, and our parents used to hang out heaps before both sets split up. I remembered him maybe 7 or 8 and quite pudgy. And now he is doing alright for himself. It was quite a cute conversation really, and I didn't really want to end it, but I had to flutter off after the people I was with to find a taxi, which is a bloody debacle in Tauranga on a Saturday night. He was much too young for me anyway.

I got home about quarter to five, and then jacob woke me up before 10 this morning to ask if his girlfriend could come play. I'm knackered, and have done little more than take him swimming and sort out a couple more boxes of my crap for the sallies. We are going to the beach soon to have a picnic. It's so beautifully summer here.

"

1 Comments:

  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Oh, well they have lived right across the street from each other all their lives. I think he is a wee bit of a ladies man and hasn't yet constrained himself to one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home