October 12, 2006

phew

So achingly tired. It's been a helluva week. I have been over to the High Court (an hour or so from my little provincial town) three times this week. Today and yesterday i was junior on my first defended jury trial. And my boss won the case today! The jury only deliberated for about 20 minutes or so, so they were obviously clearly convinced. But otherwise the man could have gone to jail, he would have had his first conviction ever as a 50 something year old man. His whole family were crying with relief afterwards. He was so grateful......I feel like i have taken some drug. I am completely high on the ritual, the drama, how thick and heady with dealing with the reality of other peoples fears and emotions. I think i love it.

I drove the hour home and went straight to the gym. I have an exam in auckland tomorrow, 2 and a half hours drive, then a session from one until six in the evening. Then i am staying at my sister's place, she is making roast chicken, and then i am in the district court all the following saturday for the second practical part of my exam. I haven't had time to do any study tonight. I thought i needed to sweat and breathe more. But i think i will be okay.

I walked in the door tonight and there was a big bunch of flowers addressed to me sitting on the table. It was from my bosses, telling me good luck. They really like me, and i really like them. It is so great. I am quite lucky.

And i'm in love. And i hate that he is so far away. But i don't regret the decision to take this job. I try not to regret anything if i can help it.

Frank is away tonight for work. I am going to have a shower, and then climb in next to little brother, after pushing his super robot monkey team hyper force go guy out the way, cause he's in the big bed and i can't face his cyclone jacob room tonight. Bad feng shui.

phew.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:02 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    Boom!

    Go pixie.

    Oh, to be in love, not just to love someone.

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Blogger David said…

    But was he guilty anyway?

     
  • At 5:39 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    How should i know. I'm neither judge nor jury, so i would rather not think about it too much more..

    that's justice y'all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home