August 24, 2006

Cherries in Venice


The fruit over in Italy and France and Spain tasted better than the fruit I eat here. Sally disagreed, but i think she might be closer to the right end of the chain of production. It tasted like it had just been picked and was ready to eat, that there wouldn't be a better time to eat it than right at that moment that it was sitting on your tongue.

I have spent the entire last two days in a 'fug' of de ja vu. It is making me feel slightly motion sick. It is a feeling of having dreamt all this before and, of a coming together, in haphazard shards of reality. Perhaps it is my fears and my well, self-satisfaction, at being in this job. Finally feeling some self-worth, and yet still wondering, how long am i going to be able to bluff my way through this. I am traipsing around the courthouse in my suit like the newbie that i am, sticking out like a sore thumb amongst all the middle aged white men. That's the lawyers of course, not the clientele. God, even writing this, i feel as if i have done it all before. It is honestly the most vivid, tangible de ja vu of my life. what does it mean?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a cute photo! The nectarines over here are really nice, I have to keep remembering that fruit from the US is different to the horrible watery fruit we import during winter. Glad your job is going well xoxox sarah

     
  • At 8:58 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    It means you have life experience, so your Newbie status can be nothing but temporary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home