October 08, 2006

I live with 2 bachelors. One of them is 43 years old and one of them is 8. They are like those 2 old grumpy men on the muppets. I can't remember their names, but you know the ones that were always together.

Anyhow, tonight i was going to work wonders with leftover bbq steak, make a satay and plonk it in a toasted pita with some salad and guacomole. I ran through my plan to the boys, as if a waiter in a fine dining establishment might announce the specials that evening. I spoke as if i was creating a piece of art, as opposed to a quick sunday night meal.

Bachelor number one doesn't eat a whole lot. Bachelor number two has a voracious appetite, but a limited palate. Bachelor number one replied: I'm not that hungry, i'm just going to heat up some crap in the fridge.

So again, i repeated what was on offer to bachelor number 2. I even had to explain what satay sauce was. And his response:

"I'm gonna eat some crap heated up too".

Ingrates.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you cooked that dinner for yourself anyways? By the way, we are telepathically linked when it comes to cooking. We had pretty much the same meal last night except vego. p.s I miss you!

     
  • At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    obviously, you've never eaten crap.

     
  • At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang, that comma in the above comment is completely superfluous

     
  • At 5:07 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    Heh heh!

     
  • At 10:29 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    Nope! No way! They can't be the two grumpy old men from the Muppet Show!!!
    *I* am the two grumpy old men from the Muppet Show! (yes, I am both of them...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home