September 13, 2005

My buddy Bear


I feel bad about putting all my bad energy out there on the internet, so I thought i would do something feel good.

This is my buddy Bear. She is one of my favourite people in the whole world. She is a bit crazy, which is one of the reasons I love her. The hat in this photo is a good representation of Bear's zany side. But she is also smart, and is doing a PHD in public health and housing. And she is a great cook, and when I got home from my last art class tonight she had made me tea. I think I was attached to her when we were in a student hostel together our first year at Uni in 1999. And then we shared a room for a year, which wasn't so smart. She writes beautiful letters and found me a four leaf clover once when I needed it most. I can tell her how I really feel about things, and she might pull a face or say something equally candid back, but I know she'll still love me.

One thing about her I have trouble with, she is hard to corrupt or lead astray. I guess that's good though.

She's getting married next year to a boy that loves her lots, I know that because I live with them both. I think they'll really appreciate this dedication. And I feel like this could be the beginning of a series....

4 Comments:

  • At 10:24 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Laugh away Jamesey, but you're a possible on my list....

     
  • At 12:10 am, Blogger David said…

    Not a bad effort for a Tuesday. Spoiled a bit by the bare feet.

    Maybe add some gumboots and try again next week?

     
  • At 1:24 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    Who's next in the series then? Someone we know maybe?

     
  • At 1:30 am, Blogger Cece Martinez said…

    This post made me miss my best girl friend. She's in Pennsylvania and hasn't visited since last Christmas.
    WAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home