September 01, 2005

Curly Mop Thursday

I think my HNT photos are getting tamer. Starting with my ass probably wasn't the best move.

Anyway this is my head. And Cece you said you like the colour of my skin. In New Zealand, we call that vampiric white. My married friend told me I have the whitest stomach she's ever seen. But this post isn't about my stomach.

It's about boys and their preference for standard issue girls. In this case, I am ummming and aaaahing over whether to chop my hair off again. I loved it when it was pixie short. But now it's not, and yesterday the Chinese girl at work told me I reminded her of Shirley Temple. When it gets longer, I feel younger and girlier and less dynamic. And I get more "80s, and it took A LOT for me to leave that decade behind....

But mostly, I have been told (not by the boy) but by boys that guys prefer long hair. And I know I shouldn't give a shit. So I will chop it off, before Summer, so it doesn't get tangled in my snorkel.

I went on another date tonight. They are developing a distinct characteristic of food followed by ocean. I might need to spice that up a bit. Maybe we're almost not dating now.....

9 Comments:

  • At 12:57 am, Blogger David said…

    It's a wonder you can see out through all that hair. At least comb it back off your face!

     
  • At 2:31 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    At least we know this is a genuine photo. This is definitely the same hair as in the photo of yourself and your sis that you posted a couple of weeks ago, on her birthday. Cool!

    Other than that, what is all that "guys prefer long hair" business. It's your hair, go ahead, chop it off!!!

    (I am impressed by kiwigringa. She is one of the very few people who have addressed me properly, i.e. not as "douros" but as "the douros". I appreciate that immensely....)

     
  • At 2:33 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    As for the minime remark, it could be worse. My little sister has been repeatedly told that she looks like me with glasses on. Poor girl...

     
  • At 4:58 am, Blogger lecram sinun said…

    cool pics! and I love curly hair. cheers and happy hnt!

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't have a problem with your HNT photo! I love curls!

     
  • At 3:43 am, Blogger Osbasso said…

    Glad to see that you haven't given up on us! Great HNT post!

     
  • At 12:35 am, Blogger Jenni said…

    Depends who you hear it from though.

    I know of guys who hate perms and anything to do with curls. I know some guys who like curly, wavy hair. I know some guys who like short, neat bobs.

    It's weird that it affects them so.

     
  • At 3:51 pm, Blogger Cece Martinez said…

    That pic makes me want to poke all of my fingers into your ringlets.
    I love curlies. Wish I had them.

     
  • At 5:27 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    If that is the case (re: Louby), then we definitely have a textbook example of a mini-me situation, he he he he!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home