September 10, 2005

Home

I've inadvertently ended up spending the week out in Seatoun housesitting the boy's mum's house while she was in getting a hip operation. That's why i've been absent. And it was a beautiful week, like a holiday. The house is sitting on the hill looking out over blue Harbour for 180 degrees. It is an older home, but tastefully decorated with lots of wooden floors and earthy tones, which I love. There was a bath. And on Wednesday I did the naughtiest thing i've done in a long time, and called in sick (well I have had that sore throat hanging around). I got taken to a little faery shop in Seatoun (pixie heaven), had brunch at the Chocolate Fish, went for a walk along the coast, fell asleep on the sun lounge reading my book, and then cooked him tea while he was out visiting his gran who has dementia. I made a really nice pasta sauce, which I'm quite excited about, particularly as my cooking buddy who is allergic to tomatos wants us to go solo, ostensibly as we're never home together anymore.

I suppose I am getting slightly attached. And I should stop looking for ways to psychologically sabotage things. Good god he's intense though....

And I'm excited about being back in my futon tonight. Particularly if it is anywhere near as gorgeous tomorrow as it was today, as I'll wake up in the sun and bask.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home