September 05, 2005

Whoopsies

I made a boo boo. Bear went in to World and smelt these crazy perfumes that have names like laundromat and dirt and rain and ocean and honeysuckle and thunderstorm and decided to order some on the internet and she got wet garden and brownie and i wanted thunderstorm but it was going to take 7 days to despatch, so instead i ordered gin and tonic and we'd been in my room for awhile and i came out cause she was talking to her ma and I heard running water coming from the kitchen. And suddenly realised I'd started doing the dishes quarter of an hour or more beforehand. So I hopped around and said holy shit in a squealy voice until Mark brought me in a towel and told me hopping around wasn't fixing things and then I mopped. And as I mopped in my bath robe and flannel pjs and danced with the mop to Ella Fitzgerald I suddenly saw myself as an observer, and I was my crazy aunt, minus a few years. It was a very sobering thought.

The happiest moment of my day today was when a doctor phoned and in his cute sri lankan or indian voice started telling me his problems and i patiently listened until he started sporadically hiccuping and i had to clench my desk and think unhappy thoughts to restrain myself (it was such a cute little hiccup) and I was so proud of myself as I responded very professionally and calmly until right at the end of the conversation I blew it and blurted out,

well, you better go have a glass of water,

and he apologised and then I giggled a farewell. God i'm a mongrel.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:16 pm, Blogger David said…

    That could be very confusing... "I had a problem with hippos and it stopped me from getting off to sleep. But they went away eventually after I held my breath for a while."

     
  • At 12:17 am, Blogger Lavinia said…

    Hippos? That's just too cute.

    Dancing with a mop to Ella? What an awesome mental picture^_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home