September 13, 2005

Grizzle

For a multiplicity of reasons, I'm not sleeping that shit-hot at the moment. I've already been reading for half an hour this morning. Now i'm gonna get up and go to the gym.
Although the thought of flinging myself out my (very high) bedroom window with one of my percale sheets wrapped around my throat is almost as inviting at the present time.

Note to self: Do not engage anyone in political discussion until this election is over. I nearly had a full fledged argument with someone I don't know particularly well in a room full of people last night, when he likened the Maori Party to the National Front. I need to learn to be a bit more constructive about these things, instead of throwing my toys everytime someone expresses a view incongruent with my own.

Tonight is my final night of art class. Then Bear and I are going to see Willy Wonka. I'm a bit frightened about what they've done to Johnny.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:20 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    Ahhh, the joys of youth! You youngsters never learn, do you?

    Political discussions? Bah humbug! Haven't you learnt that it's a waste of time trying to discuss with people who have made their mind up so strongly that they just 'know everything there is to know'?

    Unless they are actually willing to listen (careful! usually they don't, but they will try to trick you into thinking they do) don't waste your time with them. Especially if they are trying to equate things that cannot be equated. Life's too short for that kind of stuff...

     
  • At 8:23 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    Alterniatively, if you are sufficiently powerful and the circumstances allow it, you can force them into submission. Far more pleasurable, but also far more expensive!

    (OK, OK, I am joking! DISCLAIMER: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! now don't jump for my throat, ok?)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home