February 02, 2006

Around the world in slightly less than 80 days

Let me introduce you to a new character to Pixietale. Her name is Sally. She is my travel buddy. Well, there will be 4 of us for the first couple of weeks. But tonight Sal and I met and did some planning. This looks like the direction of our voyage thus far:

Auckland, LA, NY, Philadelphia, NY, London, Ireland, Edinburgh, London, France, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, London, Tokyo, Bangkok, Sydney, Home.

Does that sound pretty good?

I will come back potentially jobless and penniless. And be a real dirty hippy. I said to Sally tonight, after a couple of wines, that perhaps we'd go away girls and come back women. She could tell I was being a dick, but she's totally up for it. She came back with, yeah, it's a pity we weren't in Thailand for longer, we could go away women and come back men.

I'm looking forward to travelling with her.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger David said…

    I'd say that is WAY too many places. 19, even if you plan to visit only one city in each of the named countries. If you're still working to 9 weeks, that's two a week. Take away travelling time, you're looking at 2 or 3 days in each. And, believe me, three days isn't enough for even a taster of London, Rome, or Paris.

    But then I'm not sure how many are listed because you're passing through an airport.

    My gut feeling is that I'd drop Sydney (easy to see from NZ), Philly, Ireland, Spain, and Germany. And maybe the Benelux countries. Stay longer in the other places and get to know them a bit better. Make sure you've got time to sit back and reflect once in a while. Drink coffee. Watch sunsets. Read Sunday papers.

    And... oes the introduction of a new character mean that an existing character wasn't helping the ratings and hasn't had their contract renewed? The Bears obviously have a major plot coming up in the next few months. And the Boy will be back soon with a major role. But we haven't heard of Jimmy recently. Did the writers just run out of storylines for him? Or is he getting drunk in his trailor and slurring his lines?

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger Jessie said…

    Is it really within 9 weeks? I thought you'd be gone bout a year with that schedule... sounds awesome though :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home