October 02, 2005

Freak a deek it's October

Maybe i've got the spelling wrong Mark?

I worked my last Saturday yesterday. The weather is getting too nice. Daylight savings kicked in last night and I plan on celebrating by breaking open the barbie tomorrow night and seeing if it's rusted away over the Winter. Mmmm, bbq.

What a deliciously lazy ass Sunday. Woke up in a very satisfying position, had breakfast cooked for me which we ate al fresco while gazing out over Wellington Harbour. Went to the vege market just in time for the stalls to be packing up and to buy some of the least limpy looking produce. Read some Austen and woke up an hour later to my cell ringing and a pool of drool on my pillow. Baked a cake which in true pixie baking styles failed to rise but still tasted delicious.

I've decided I want to do my next speech on the suicide bombers. Another bali bombing. Why bali? I hope the essay I did in my Religious Studies paper is still on the disk I have.

Nana nap in the afternoon and I'm still pooped. And bizarrely, I'm looking forward to work tomorrow....

5 Comments:

  • At 11:48 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    I don't understand why Bali keps getting hit. Maybe their security is poor, and it's easier to get in/out etc.

    Who knows?

     
  • At 12:00 am, Blogger David said…

    The Balinese are generally Hindu. They're being targetted as much as westerners for daring to be other than Muslim while living in a predominantly Muslim country. JI are pissed that Australia helped to free East Timor. By targetting a popular Bali tourist area they get to kill westerners AND wreck the Balinese economy.

    JI's map of their "Caliphate" includes a large area of SE Asia. And most of northern Australia, including the bit I live in.

     
  • At 4:29 pm, Blogger Cece Martinez said…

    Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Especially the part about breakfast and napping.

    Two of my favorite things...

     
  • At 12:19 pm, Blogger David said…

    I'm not Australian. I'm from Upper Hutt.

     
  • At 12:07 pm, Blogger David said…

    Most people usually take a few steps back when you tell them you're from Upper Hutt. They want to get out of easy striking range, I guess. Or maybe out of the drunken vomit zone.

    But I'm glad to find someone who thinks that is better than being Australian.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home