September 28, 2005

Suddenly shy

I'm not hiding from any of you. I just suddenly got tired of being so introspective and knowing that my non-electronic whanau were probably thinking I'm a headcase. And after emailing that last post to the boy (not the URL of course) I received confirmation that I am in fact a headcase. No, that's not fair, it was more something along the lines of 'deep' in an eye-brow raised tone of voice. He thinks I think about stuff too much....

which may be true. But the thinking stems from the feeling. That's the bit that kicks me in the nuts. Metaphorically speaking...

I got my application for the passport today. I want to run away now. Except I'm in flannel PJs. But I'd like to go somewhere foreign, where no one speaks English, and I'd wear white muslin and sit in a castle made of stone over-looking a fog-enrobed moat and a giant herb garden and write. Maybe I'd write love letters, to an imaginary lover. The boy seems to like keepin it real so he won't do at all. Sigh.

I think he's coming over soon and I'm still all tired and rubbery from last night.

I keep getting in trouble from everyone for sharing too much, but this is a blog after all.

Oh, and just to bring things back to a family show, this is my grandma, who turned 80 this month. The shin dig i went back to tauranga for was in her honour. That's me grinning devilishly next to her.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:33 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    1. Of course you are a headcase! That's why we all like you, honestly.

    2. The place you are dreaming of going is probably Scotland (yes, it *does* conform to the "no-one speaks English" clause)

    3. We are finally done the honour of seeing part of your face! Should have held on till tomorrow, that would make it a fully qualified HNT entry. We may be lucky enough to see the rest of it some time...

     
  • At 9:53 am, Blogger David said…

    I'd support Scotland, which has plenty of castles and lots of fog.

    Few people speak proper English in Australia. But since you have an Aussie accent still, this doesn't do you any good.

    If you're keen on the PJs, then you could always wander around China pretending to be a Shaolin master. You could punish wrong doers, meditate, and spread your cryptic wisdom to peasants you meet.

     
  • At 1:26 pm, Blogger David said…

    Here's an idea... Why not camp beside a billabong. Under the shade of a coolabah tree, perhaps? You could sing, and watch, and wait for your billy to boil. And survive by catching jumbucks, carrying them around in your tuckerbag.

    I wouldn't get too close to the edge of the billabong tho. Or go swimming. I'd hate for you to become this year's third crocodile victim.

     
  • At 9:25 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    Am I, now? Hmm... I'll deal with you later...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home