July 28, 2005

Birthday eve

That's the desert road - it's almost night time. You can't see the rainbow as clearly as i could through the car window (poking tongue).

A parcel came for me today. And a card. And I picked up my costume. I wanted a suit with tails and a cane and a top hat. But I think to pull that off you need boobs and height. I have neither in great abundance (okay, understatement) and looked like a lollipop kid (we wish to welcome you to Munchkin land). It was hard to let go of the top hat. I liked how it went with blonde ringlets. But instead I have gone with a more traditional flapper look, tassly little dress, feather boa, long black gloves, cigarette holder, fishnet stockings. I am thinking Russian spy meets Holly Golightly meets pixie. Well, I am hoping.

I am a quarter of a century tomorrow. I am sure after tomorrow I will be able to regail you with all sorts of wise and worldly words. Particularly after the bottle of wine and mojitos i plan on drinking.

Plan is to eat breakfast at cafe at the bottom of our house with my luverly flatmates, go to work for a few hours, and then wander around on my own for the afternoon, arranging a red carpet, affixing a disco ball and assembling an Elvis chapel. Then there is a 'low-key' intimate gathering at my house.

I'm a bit buggered to write anymore. But there will be photos on Saturday. That is a promise.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    If you are eleven hours ahead of us, it must be your birthday about now. Altho' the site clock thinks it's 5am Thursday???
    Many happy of them, whatever the time, from a fellow Leo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home