July 19, 2005

Reclaiming respectability


This is what i took to the Sunday roast dinner party at Supergood's.The recipe below, not another pic of my tramp i mean. Except I put peaches and a smidgeon of basil in with the apples. Stepmum emailed me the recipe and I have to say i'm impressed with it's simplicity, flavour and fortitude to withstand my disdain for precision.

Ok we want abt 750grams of apples in ovenproof bowl and sprinkle 50g of caster sugar and grated zest and juice of lemon on apples, then in another bowl put 150g of butter and 125g of caster suger and beat till creamy then add 2 eggs one at a time and beat then add 200g of self raising flour if you havnt got sr flour normal flour just add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to 1 cup of flour. Then add 5 tablespoons of milk should be like a pancake batter as such if you know what I mean. Place over the apples and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 40-45 min till golden have fun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy to report no dreams to.....report.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:36 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    I should have added that I put a tin of eaches in with half the quantity of apples and some basil and it went all sort of custardy. Just making it again tonight for the boys with a pasta dish and some Chilean wine....

     
  • At 4:36 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    peaches. not eaches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home