July 26, 2005

So election date is set for September 17. And I know who I am going to vote for before the real campaigning has even begun. I'm thinking of it as pragmatic voting, although in reality whether National or Labour win the larger share, the face of the next government will be pretty colourful with polling the way that it is at the moment. But then the current polling could potentially frighten people like me in to steering away from the 'bridesmaid' parties on election day......

Labour announced today that they will write off interest on student loans for anyone who stays and works in the country, effective from April next year. About a month or so before I wanted to go away. Where's that word 'fuck' again. Oh, there it is!

Got back to work today after my long weekend and there was some beer on my desk. Nobody could guess who i was in that baby pic comp. Told you I looked like a boy......Boss is away in aussie until monday, and i've decided i quite like her at the moment, because if i just go ahead and do shit without involving her my day is quite stress free, and she is letting me have friday afternoon off without taking anymore leave.

So I'm not about to cut off my ear, or die in abject poverty before my work becomes priceless, although I may kill myself in artistic despair if I have to sit there and sketch a freakin pine cone for an hour again next week. It gave me a headache. I think I'll like painting better.

I want this week to hurry up and be over so it's my birthday....funny how being old doesn't freak me out so much now I'm getting closer to present/boozey time! Hee hee, just got off the phone to my Loobey and she has to postpone present time for a root canal! God I love her style.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Don't silly girl me small fry. I'm paying interest now, so now, next year - No difference. I'm going to stop talking about this whole travel thing because i think everyone is a lot braver than mwa.

    Jimmy if you vote for Brash i will disown you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home