July 27, 2005

Me and technology are a painful couple. One of those couples that sit and quibble and snap at each other while present company shuffle nervously and pretend not to hear. Technology and I bang heads if we get too close. Like me and the woman at work who does nothing but bitch about EVERYTHING, or for a pleasant change, tells us too much (too much is any) detail about her private life (like she's having sex again for the first time in 10 years, whoopee, I ain't that far behind you sweetheart). So tonight I told her I was sick of her grizzling and moaning whenever we give her back her work because it isn't up to scratch and that everyone is stressed out enough as it is and it's unnecessary. She went and had a cigarette.

Anyway. Technology and I are usually more restrained. We stand silently at opposite ends of the room and surreptitiously glare at each other. But if I approach and attempt to bend it to my will, it just pisses all over me. Faced with the task of getting my first digital photos on to the computer tonight, I froze in front of the instruction manual, hit with the realisation that I really don't give a shit about the details. Luckily it didn't seem to matter. But perhaps at some stage I may have to compromise just the tiniest bit of my independence and let a man into my life to sort out my electronics. Hmmm, there's a euphemism.

I tried to get Bear's boy (fiance, ow!) to help me, but you don't get the same results when you're not sleeping with the guy i reckon.

So I've done it, and my blog is ready to become what Jimmy refers to as one of "those crappy photo blogs". But it was painful.

Here are some pics of the weekend. McClaren's Falls above, the scene of many tragic deaths including at least one murder in the recent past. I didn't tell Jake this.

Hmmm, wish I could figure out the layout better. Then I wouldn't have to fill this space with a whole lot of superfluous words. At least superfluous is an impressive superfluous word. I have to go do the dishes. Waffling is a sure sign of tiredness....

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    "don't get the same results when you're not sleeping with the guy"

    Bloke's perspective: "I did get to sleep with her, but you don't get the same results when you're not the one who fixes her computer, I reckon"

     
  • At 9:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY!!!Everyone knows lou is useless & has to have a root canal... Kel I will try my best to get you a presant - I promise...
    B It will get there eventually.. I am sorry... My style sucks!!!
    Did I tell you that Leanne is moving to Adelaide next year to be the head hancho at some marketing firm...
    anywho love you lots

     
  • At 10:42 am, Blogger Pix said…

    Oh louby, you know I was just teasing ya. I'd rather you come down and visit some time when you can than send me a present anyway. And your cards will blow any other contenders out of the water!!!

    Speaking of Adelaide, I should write to Auntie Chris....

     
  • At 10:43 am, Blogger Pix said…

    The Douros:

    I hate to say it, but you sassed me first.

    Perhaps the results you speak of have less to do with you not being the one fixing her computer, and more to do with.....

    well, they say it really doesn't matter, don't they. (;

    The Pix.

     
  • At 11:07 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    Sure, no problem.

    I like to be challenged too, and I can take a joke gracefully.

    Have a grand birthday!!!

    (No, you're not middle-aged yet. You got 5 years to go!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home