March 16, 2005

Can't we just be friends?

Okay, it's late, and I'm keeping Josie up. So don't expect eloquence. Had a bit of an epiphany, just want to get it down.
I know I am the last person to comment based on recent history, but why can't a guy and a girl just be friends? Are platonic relationships between men and women a facade? And if you are single, are you just expected to snap at any, i mean any, potential for romance. I only say this because I have been caught out being naive before, and mistaken what I thought was this amazing (platonic) connection that actually eventuated into, well disaster.
Oh melodrama, borne by need for sleep.
I'd just like to think I could remain my wonderful, independent, single self and attract cultivate, and then maintain friendships with guys.
I should be having this conversation with my friends instead of walking around with this air of mystique and talking to my fucking computer! I really don't like to disappoint, but I just can't deliver right now. When I fall in love, I don't want it to brew and boil over a frustratingly suspense ridden period. I just want it to hit me on the head. And you can't stay in one spot waiting for that to happen.
Maybe, tomorrow, I will ask all the people I know who are in solid relationships how their love life is....

5 Comments:

  • At 6:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes... we can
    .g

     
  • At 11:07 am, Blogger Jessie said…

    Yes. It is entirely possible. Stuff can and does go wrong but it is possible.

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Thank you. Both of you. I will live in hope...

     
  • At 2:27 pm, Blogger Jessie said…

    I feel qualified to comment because I've screwed it up pretty badly in the past. For that reason, I'm really careful now. Sometimes it's hard to draw the line... Some of my closest male friends were somewhat more than that in the past.

    There's this saying: you can go from being friends to lovers, but never the other way. At the same time, every relationship (whether it be friendship or more) is different, so blanket rules like that aren't much help.

     
  • At 9:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So -- if you and said 'friend' [of the opposite sex] are emotionally, physically and intellectually attracted to each other... can you remain, just friends? Or must there be a physical and/or social barrier to prevent you from hooking up?
    .g

     

Post a Comment

<< Home