December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

How strange. I have been so sedentary, so sleepy, so gluttonous, and now, I want to curl up with A Tale of Two Cities and snooze. We will hop in the car soon when everyone's gone, and go and see Poppa, who is probably up on his own right now with 55 acres and some ham and some kiwifruit plants. And I am listening to Jake's X-box hammering away, and thinking about mum a little, and how when I spoke to kel this morning 1000s of kms away she sounded a bit flat, and Lou who has followed the boyfriend to Taupo, she would follow him to the ends of the earth i think, and Dad and Robyn who are on their own today. I would like a snow globe, to bestow me with the power of premonition, to see my Christmas in 5 years or ten. I would like to make pumpkin pie, and kiss Santa under the mistletoe and watch small faces completely enchanted by the magic of Christmas. Christmas is a funny thing, stockings can be completely brimming, and yet suddenly it is the intangible that I yearn for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home