November 30, 2005

Okay okay

I was actually planning on writing something tonight anyhow. I've lost my mojo though. No inner burning fire to write. I wonder if it's on account of pumping hormones in to my body for the first time since mum got sick, flattening me out. The timing would correspond........

Anyway, I hate to pack. I hate to unpack. But I am packing with gusto this evening. I have packed all my most impractical underwear, (I surprised myself with the quantity I own after the inventory this evening. I thank Auckland sis for that) I also have a nice dress and tomorrow I am going to buy a new bikini. Which i'm a bit terrified about, because it is only held up by a knot, and I may actually be held criminally responsible for blinding people...probably would qualify as assault I'm so honkey-assed white.

Oh, so where am I going? Christchurch, Akaroa and then Hamner Springs. Maybe Nelson. I'm leaving tomorrow night on a plane and ferrying back late Sunday night. And i'm so excited I could go stand in front of my mirror and dance to Barry White....or pee. Probably wouldn't need to pee to Barry White....

What else has been happening?

I pretended for a brief period that my work inspired me by writing the beastly paper to beat all papers. 300 plus submissions condensed down into five. Then it was finished and I went on to cruise control again.

Ate a chickens foot yesterday. After my boss spilt chicken feet juices (steaming hot) in my lap.

Had Antipasto (a very all-encompassing genre according to monsieur bear) with the Bears and Laurie on Saturday night, got a bit boozey and crooned to 80s singstar. Which is soooooo much better than ordinary singstar. And i've decided singstar is like pool. I improve with intoxication.......

Went to a wedding invitation working bee on Sunday. Was quite labour intensive, but very fun, in an oestrogen-brimming way.

Have gotten used to the haircut. Still no photos on record.

Hope you all have wonderful weekends. I will try very hard to do justice to my own on my return.

xx

4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    Chicken feet juices?

     
  • At 1:57 am, Blogger David said…

    I wasn't sure what "chicken feet juices" were either. I think you have to assume that every post starts with an implied "I'm completely boozed". It's unreasonable to expect wee Pixie to keep repeating it herself.

     
  • At 6:10 am, Blogger Pix said…

    Very funny.

    We went out for Yum Cha, a group of people from work. For the uninitiated it is a Chinese set up where they keep bringing bowls of stuff out and you say yes, or no to it, rather than ordering.

    Chicken feet were on the menu........

     
  • At 6:42 am, Blogger Mandy said…

    Chicken feet were on the menu....

    Didn't they have plates? (Someone had to say it).
    Tho' personally I think the best place for chicken feet is on a chicken.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home