November 02, 2005

Scent: jasmine; word: subterfuge.

I had too much sleep and woke up grumpy. The kindof grumpy where I want to throw my toys just cause I look down on the way to work and my shoelace has come undone. The kindof grumpy where I do precious little work all day. But eat quite a bit of junk food. The kindof grumpy which can only be shaken by some serious mock ass kicking at a tae bo class. There's this one set she does, like 12 minutes of solid cardio, one of the songs is the prodigy i think, and the lyrics have 'smack my bitch up' or something to that effect. Very motivating.

I got home afterwards and it was the most gilded evening. I could hear the gentle weeping of my bbq, the regulator is lying forlornly on my bedroom floor waiting for the tender caress of the fireman. So I took my beer out there and strip it down and scraped out all the kitty litter shit soaked in fat and wiped the body down with some soapy water and ooohed and aaaahed over the rust and mould and reminisced about what once was. Then I went inside and the male bear was making an apple crumble. Of course, holding my beer and smudged in black grease, I had to pass some snide comment over the irony, and got a pretty cute smile for my efforts. And some apple crumble....

Then I made some noise Monty Python styles and quickly regreted it, laurie is still not recovered from the airborne market umbrella and has been home from uni with concussion.

Conversation I just had:

Male Bear: Bridie, did you buy milk for me?

Me: yeah

Male bear: where is it?

me: in the fridge

Male bear: oh, okay

(he is a law lecturer.......)

How cute is this photo? I'm going to save it for his 21st.


Just in case you can't read what it says:

Dear tooth fairy,

today one of my teeth came out, I think it fell down a crack. I will sleep with mouth open tonight so you can have a look.

from your friend, Jacob

Then there is a drawing of a boy lying down on a five dollar note. I think that is what it is...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home