October 31, 2005

A pirate, the help, and a mermaid

i had quite a sociable weekend. Unfortunately the birthday girl, due to a flying umbrella, had concussion and perhaps didn't enjoy the house full of people so much. With characteristic philanthropy I turned the music off at around 12 and screamed at everyone to get out when she shrunk off to bed, and then trying to salvage my rep feigned wanting to drag everyone in to town as the rationale for the unhospitable treatment. Was out till three and didn't enjoy it that much, too many skanky beautiful people in their halloween costumes grinding up against me in an oxygen starved ear-splitting bar. I need to be drunk enough to be able to abuse the bouncers to enjoy that kind of setting. Got out of clean up the next day though........

I have had a very productive day. I think in large part I was trying to escape thinking about Sharon at work too much. she is having her boob cut off tomorrow at 12:30. I stood with the rest of my team today as my manager broke the news and said they thought it was in her lymph nodes and thyroids, and with some kind of sick sense of superiority i looked around the room and wondered if any of them had had the same experience as me, to the extent I knew this meant she was pretty much fucked. She's not that old, and reminds me a tad of my stepmum.

Yes Kel, I rang the accommodation service and they have received your application, including the reference from Otumoetai. Fingers crossed.......

3 Comments:

  • At 10:30 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    flickr

     
  • At 12:27 am, Blogger David said…

    The scene... Pix returns from an evening out with the Boy, the Bears, Jimmy, and other Pixietale characters. And decides to ring the accomodation service on behalf of Gringa Pixie.

    AS: Good evening. VUW accomodation service.

    Pix: Hello... Hello! [shouting] Can you hear me? I want to talk to the accomodation service.

    AS: I work for the service, Ms. How can I help you?

    Pix: I'm ringing about my sister. She needs a good home. She's very little, and she's my bestest bestest friend.

    AS: I'll see what I can do. What is the name of the student?

    Pix: Did you call my sister stupid? She's my bestest mate and I love her like a sister. No one calls my sister [hic] stupid and gets away with it.

    AS: Not "stupid"... STUDENT! What is the NAME OF YOUR SISTER?

    Pix: Don't raise your voice to me, Mrs. [screws up face] Do you wanna fight? I'll fight you I will! [waves arms around in a randomly violent fashion]

    AS: Ms, have you been drinking?

    Pix: Only a bit. A box of wine. A dozen beers. And half a bottle of vodka... [suddenly mellow] I love you. You're my bestest bestest friend in the whole world.

    Pix falls asleep. One of the Bears takes the phone, completes the enquiry, and leaves a note on a yellow sticky to say everything is sorted. And could Pix please hose down the garden path in the morning.

    Everyone likes a story with a happy ending.

     
  • At 10:19 pm, Blogger Lavinia said…

    What a lovely post and pics:) Your blog always cheers me up.

    Did you enjoy your visit to the waterpixie's blog?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home