October 21, 2005

I thought I was being very brave and tried to post a photo of me, but i'm a stupid head and couldn't figure out how to download a photo the boy sent to me, so just copied and pasted from my gmail, and a very nice IT Security Manager notified me that I had in fact stuffed up. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Anyway I got glasses today. I think I may have been slightly blind for a wee while. Actually I have six frames at home to choose from. I have asked Nisha at work, the Bears and I will ask the boy later. Wish I could get more opinions, but I'm a big girl, should start acting like one. A big NERDY girl.

I will only need them for driving and looking at things that are more than three metres away.

In other news I have another cold. I made another one of those apricot and coconut and choc chip cakes and gave a big chunk of it to the boy's mum. (what a slimeball). Went to his old school late last night and got totally freaked by how ostentatious it is. All brick work and ivy and paving and bling. We come from very very different backgrounds. Which is fine. He can have his travel and private education and family money, and I will have my street cred and independence and empathy for others.

Sometimes he says stuff that pisses me off.

I had a little cry tonight. Not much. But tears. Thinking about adult men and their relationship with their mums. Just guts me to think about what my mum and brother missed out on. And so while I was dabbling with the idea of not going home at Xmas, because we are having a delayed one for when chile sis gets back, I am now going to go book a flight. And I will spend the day walking around in the shadow of someone much smaller than me.

Peace out.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    Yeah, but where are the photos of your bespectacled (and potentially nerdy) self? You can post six of them, one for each frame, and add a poll, then we can vote to help you choose (ok, ok, this is my creative Friday mood...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home