May 02, 2005

How could I not want to write when it looks this good

I think I'm in love with my new blog. It's so purty.

It's absolutely pouring out tonight, the kind of rain that makes you feel cosy just to be inside sheltered from it, and like diving into bed just so you can fall asleep listening to it. I walked home in it tonight, I never mind the walk home when it's raining cause you know you can get there and strip off. And I now have the superdooper million dollar raincoat I bought for the Abel Tasman which makes me much more receptive to the elements! And it's cute.

To write anything about today I would have to focus on work. Because that is where I have been all day. Except for the gym which I have joined to circumnavigate both my bung shin (which is getting less bung I'm pleased to report) and winter. I don't really like the concept of a gym, biking but never getting anywhere, running but seeing nothing but the sweaty old man in front of you. But I get a natural high off the workout and the cardio seems to stabilise my susceptibility to histrionics. And it is safer than me running like a banshee through the bot gardens in the dark.

I have got my first credit card in my life up and running today. I have a BNZ account now and the man was very nice to me and heaped praise on me for being sensible about making repayments on my loan already (I am paying back about a grand a month, it hurts). My ANZ student account expired, I tried to make an appointment with them to get a graduate account through the call centre, the useless bastards failed to ring me back after two separate conversations, so I made a final appointment with them, the woman would not give me the branches direct line so I could ring and confirm myself and wasn't particularly sympathetic to why I was losing my patience, so I just never showed up to the appointment, and went to another bank. Yeah, I'm sure they'll be devastated considering the millions I will be taking off them.......

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 am, Blogger Jessie said…

    I got a BNZ credit card, cos it gives me airpoints. I like airpoints. But credit cards are generally not very cool. Particularly multiple credit cards :(

    Btw, did you experience the power cut last night? I can't find anything in the news about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home