May 18, 2005

Don't worry so much

I just did the dishes listening to the new Pheonix Foundation album. I liked how I filled the sink with bubbles and went into that meditative state you go into doing mindless stuff and drifted back to the Summer evening not so very long ago when they played at the Botanical Gardens. It was all still and balmy and the kids were chasing the bubbles pouring out of that machine but there were just millions of them, too many to pop and some escaped and glided over to the grassy knoll we were sitting on with our beer and Sarah's pumpkin pie, the first pumpkin pie i'd ever had, and I wouldn't pop them, not after they had made it so far, but I'd blow on them and then watch them drift upwards until they disappeared. I liked the pudgy little ginger-haired girl that kept interrupting the cutesy couple on a blanket across the path from us who were obviously in the early throws of their courtship (the girl was cute and I had kind of been spying) to ask for another pringle. I liked the music (ofcourse) and how it harmonised so well with the ambience of the evening and I liked the people, like most of the younger population of Wellington seemed to have turned out, and families, and older couples in their camping chairs sharing a nice bottle of wine. And I liked how as it got darker the lights they had strategically placed amongst the trees and in the foliage of the gardens started throwing technicolour shadows every direction you looked. It was just such a nice night.

My alarm didn't go off so I had nine hours sleep, I finished my third ten hour day at work in a row and things are looking quite tidy there, and I conquered that last machine in the weight room tonight that has had me a bit daunted. Little things. Little things, probably the same as yesterday. But it's perspective right. And as conscious as I am of it once it's blown over, sometimes things just spiral in your mind a bit, take over, you have to wait for the pressure valve to kick in to be able to step back and see how silly you are being. Well at least I haven't figured out the alternative yet. I figure I'll find it at the end of the Power of Now, it's my new Church for Sunday mornings. And I don't even have to get out of bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home