May 02, 2005

410

Steps.....that's how many I walk up to get home in the evenings after work. As well as some stretches of hill that aren't steps. Fortunately, I didn't walk up anything tonight, just got a taxi home in a cloud of fog and red wine from Jimmy's house. Gotta pack now, I'm going to Tauranga tomorrow afternoon to see my brother and sister.

So work. I am on the fourteenth floor looking South West out over the city. I just worked that navigational thing out by myself so it is probably wrong. Or very impressive. Anyway, usually I get very little flirting action on my floor. It is a very female dominated environment, including the CEO, the Registrar and the better proportion of management, (I love that ad with Michael Laws running at the mo and he's saying New Zealand is a boarding school boy's heaven with all the school marm fantasies playing out - female PM; governor general; attorney general; speaker of the house and chief justice, New Zealand's an act to follow). So the men who are at my work on an average day, they don't really count, they are well, pussies. At the moment, the 14th floor on the other side is being ripped down and reconstructed due to an immense increase in staffing making office space a problem. The result. Lots of tradesman, rippling biceps and boys good with their hands. I haven't got particularly conversational with any of them, I got a cute one going in the lift the other day (No, not like that!), actually no he started it by commenting on the fact I was eating raisins. Perfect opportunity for a lynx effect moment there in the lift but for the accompaniment of his "WWF heavyweight champion of the world" completely silent companion who the cute one felt the need to speak on behalf, I found this irritating. But I have appreciated the over all intensified masculine presence the last couple of weeks and just being able to smile and bat my eyelashes and shit. Ofcourse with them has come untold hammering, drilling, sawing, fume induced headaches etc etc (although we were all assured this would be carried out where at all possible outside of normal business hours) I have got off the phone a few times busting with laughter by the ridiculousness of the racket in the background.

In other news I found out today I'm being sent out in to the field....to Timaru of all places to re-accredit a hospital. Plan on picking myself up a doctor to marry if I achieve nothing else. I'm slightly boozed and still have to pack.....ugh.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm seems to me that you just referred to the guys on your floor as pussies because they haven't sexually harrassed you...

     
  • At 11:37 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Goddam feminists......
    There are perhaps five men on my floor, and four times as many women. Slim pickings.
    If I wanted them to harrass me, well it wouldn't be fair to classify it as sexual harrassment would it?
    But I think they are pussies just cause they are pussies, quite separate to the fact that I wouldn't want to duck into a toilet cubicle with any of them during my lunch break.

     
  • At 11:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mm...angst...

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "So the women who are at my work on an average day, they don't really count, they are well, butch. At the moment, the 14th floor on the other side has been reconstructed into a secretary school. The result. Lots of secretaries, huge tits and girls who look good with their hands. I haven't got particularly conversational with any of them, I got a cute one going in the lift the other day (No, not like that!), actually no she started it by commenting on the fact I was eating raisins. Perfect opportunity for a lynx effect moment there in the lift but for the accompaniment of her "WWF heavyweight champion of the world" completely silent companion who the cute one felt the need to speak on behalf, I found this irritating. But I have appreciated the over all intensified feminine presence the last couple of weeks and just being able to strut and flex my muscles and shit."
    sorry- it was too tempting!

     
  • At 12:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't aim too high. A doctor is too high. Those tradesmen are too high. Go for someone really 'interesting' who has a blog. Ie no life, no hobbies, few friends, no commitments, they'd be perfect....You could post on each other's blogs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home