May 08, 2005

Dialup is not fun

which is what Frank has at his place, but my weekend has been very fun, with lots of magical moments that left me challenging everything; challenging my own complacency, formulating a grand plan. I'm feeling a bit dreamy right now, meant to catch up with a few people in town last night (Saturday) for a few quiet drinks, got home about 3, and Jacob hopped into bed with me at 7:30 this morning. "We" are watching Spongebob the movie at the moment, he is following along with the dialogue the way us girls used to with the Sound of Music. Lou and I took him swimming at Pilot Bay yesterday, it wasn't that cold if you kept moving, Lou stayed on the beach and played with her new digital camera. He just loves the water, which is funny cos neither Frank nor mum were/are that confident.

On Friday I took the Terrano for a blat around McLarens Falls, did some fishtails in the gravel, kindof accidentally. As much as I don't like the cold, I don't think it would be as beautiful up there at any other time of the year. Found the waterfall, about 30 feet high, just a little way into the bush (I like how it is different to the bush further South somehow) and then walked around the lake and watched a duck fight, well it was either a fight or maybe it is duck mating season I dunno, but they were thrashing the shit out of each other by lying sideways in the water and beating with their wings. Yeah...probably not the most efficient way to procreate but I've been told sex and violence are inextricably linked. I'm not sure if I buy it, maybe in the animal kingdom. There was also a mass of black swans, making little cooing sounds that reminded me of learning to play the recorder in primary school. And there was a beautiful doe that put her head through the wire fence so I could pet her, nevermind that she didn't like the grass I had picked for her. Then I went out for tea that night and ate Venison.

I'm finishing this off Monday night, there are other things I'd like to write - the little baby on the beach that came up to me calling mum and putting his hands up to be picked up and then cuddled into me when I did, the hot drummer in town with the dimples and my sister standing on a chair to spot the wedding ring in characteristically inconspicuos fashion, dad and how weird he was with me, how Jacob manages to break my heart one minute and send steam pouring out of my ears the next, but I've had about nine or ten hours sleep in the past three days and I imagine this post will reflect that......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home