August 12, 2005

Feliz Cumpleanos Hermanita


It feels wrong putting a pic of children on here after the previous kerfuffle.....but,

If you were in NZ and we were throwing you a party instead of your Chilean whanau, I would make a speech. I would mention the fact that I used to carry you around on my hip and devise songs to get you to brush your teeth and games to teach you to read. Now of course, you're taller than me, get mistaken as the older of us two, and don't hesitate when there's an opportunity to dish out some relationship advice or boss me around.

And I love it!

I honestly get teary sometimes Kel, thinking about how strong you've been, how you've stayed on track when other teenager girls might have developed anorexia or started sprinkling P on their cereal. I am just astonished at how beautiful and talented you are and am loving every minute of watching you take over the world. Even if it wasn't a physical imposition, I'd still look up to you.

Happy 18th birthday little sis. And even if you're no where near a computer, and i can't get you on the phone on saturday morning... at least I feel like I've shouted out to the world just how much I love ya!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:07 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    Thats sweet!

    I would still look up to you even if it wasn't a physical imposition.

    Thats a great line!

     
  • At 1:24 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    Okay I put a more recent one of you on, looking pretty damn good....does that balance it?

    I was just trying to reclaim my family viewing time rating, and I was worried about Rob freakin about more exposed flesh (;

     
  • At 2:44 pm, Blogger Cece Martinez said…

    *tear

     

Post a Comment

<< Home