August 10, 2005

I've created a monster


Not slim shady. Brown sugar, oil, yeast, very warm water, flour, chicken, onion, garlic, apricot sauce, zucchini, capsicum, leek, feta, edam, pumpkin seeds. Under the tutelage of Bear's Academy of Domestic Goddessism I have this eve learnt not to underestimate the power of yeast.

Lucky: We were hungry cause it took me that bloody long to make it
Unlucky: I hadn't changed out of my work clothes....
Lucky: I was on dishes
Unlucky: I have a headache and I have drunken near 3L of water today. Time to turn the computer off....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:20 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    Hmm, nice monster!

    When shall we come over to Wellington then?

     
  • At 12:16 am, Blogger Lavinia said…

    I just loove cooking. I'm a complete sucker for anything with Jamie Oliver or Nigella Lawson written on it. I even made my boyfriend buy those Tfal pans with the hot-spot that Jamie advertises.

    Could you describe this carbo-monster in detail please? I'd like to replicate it this weekend(I'll be sure to take pictures). I've actually never been much good with yeast baking. I perform miracles with baking powder though:)

    If a recipe calls for yeast (especially with savoury breads) I'm more than likely to substitute a can of beer for it. I dont drink the stuff but it works amazingly well for bread.

     
  • At 9:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo supergood, looks like that yeast was retarded don't it.

     
  • At 11:36 pm, Blogger Cece Martinez said…

    Holy shit. I don't know what that is but I want it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home