August 04, 2005

Pink

My favourite colour is blue. I like that blue that the sky is when it's been a magnificent day and there is only a remnant of sunlight left in the night sky so that there is just a soft golden blue glow to the darkness. Maybe like the hottest part of a flame, no, deeper than that. I don't know how to describe that blue. Blue/black - too bruisey. More like a fairytale blue, but that's too pussy.. How bout plain ole twilight blue? No - can't do it!

I've noticed, however, like a middle aged man with a sports car or a long-legged blonde, that the tick of my biological clock is stirring in me an appreciation for the colour pink. A woman at work told me today that a bunch of them had been out for a boozey lunch to celebrate one of them "burning the tampons". I just exclaimed "cute", because that's my generic response when lesser words fail. In this context, "cute" represented - "I don't know how the hell to shut this conversation down without looking like i'm unsympathetic to the sufferings of my more senior womankind". But it did make me nervous. The woman doing the burning doesn't seem that old to me....tick tock tick.

So pink. A few times I've been caught out in the morning going straight from the gym to work in my trainers, and realised once I've showered that although I have nice officey clothes, i have no shoes. I think last time this happened I ended up with the pink Ugs with the white trim, which I paraded around work all that day.

This week I had to go for something a little more professional, as I had a doc coming in that afternoon..............................................................................................................................................

Gorgeous huh? They caused quite a stir at work I can tell you. I've heard a rumour that at the whole office meeting we have every second tuesday the Health Manager sits and counts the number of coloured shoes people are wearing. I am thinking I could have a bit of fun with that.....

Welcome back Chile sis. I was getting a bit worried you weren't coming back. Hope you're still all pure and untouched by those lusty latinos. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying.

And Auckland sista - thank you for sending me the PINK sweater. Very nice with the shoes.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:52 pm, Blogger Lavinia said…

    Hey there

    Thanks so much for stopping by:)

    I loove those shoes! Pink and yellow are my favourite colours.

    I know the Douros through his blog. I was the first person to post there when he started it.

    How do you guys know each other?

     
  • At 12:56 am, Blogger David said…

    Shoes like those mean you'll be able to find you way in the dark without needing a torch.

    And you'll be able to help out as an emergency traffic cone when needed.

     
  • At 1:22 am, Blogger Cece Martinez said…

    Oh those shoes are SO freaking COOL.
    Thats when I learned to embrace pink. When I found unconventionally pink wardrobe pieces like shoes or sunglasses.

    My preference is for black.

     
  • At 3:38 am, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    Those are ultra pink.

    I would never get away with wearing them into work

    (mainly because i am a man)

     
  • At 12:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    our carpet looks dirty in that picture. I reckon that you need some yellow tights.

     
  • At 9:54 pm, Blogger Pix said…

    I just picked The Douros up off the street one time.

    Is that you telling me you're not a whore?

    Bite me.

    Please See email.

    You never know unless you try.

    $19.95. You couldn't make them for that.

    But no i didn't make them. (rude)

    And yes, i need to vacuum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home