June 16, 2005

Thursday

It's 11:05pm and I just finished my first overview of the materials for the hospital visit on Monday. I leave Wellie Sunday night. I'm getting a bit nervous now, going to spend the whole day feeling like an accessory, a decoration, a PHONEY. I love that word - that whole catcher in the rye thing. I suppose it will be a good experience for me and i should just focus on that. And look cute and smile a lot. I'm good at those things.

I had a good day today. Kelly and Jacob both got their parcels yesterday, Jacob's chicken pox were very mild (like all of us girls, I wonder if that bodes well for our kids...) and he has been very generous with phone time the last couple of talks. Usually I get a not so subtle....want to talk to dad now? The last couple of times it's been "Do you want some more talk?" (even with the Simpsons starting up in the background) and tonight I even got a "I want to keep talking". Blessed am I. I guess the present helped. He seemed quite happy with his model planes and not in the least disappointed I couldn't get that leopard (spots, get it?) from Wellington Zoo. We were a bit worried it might eat Boo anyhow....

I feel a bit daunted by the weekend, that it will end (after an expected hard night on Saturday) with me hopping on a plane in my cute little pink tweed jacket with two Consultant doctors and a council member, and then it will be the week again. And I still need to come up with some lewd variation to pin the tail on the donkey..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home