June 01, 2006

Bird flu

I am in NY with a nasty cold and a slight fever. We stayed in bed until midday, which seems like a bit of a waste, but I have been dragging my ass round central park and the guggenheim as it is. Poor Sally, i must be such a drag. Bit fevery, very runny nose. And i don't know where the hell my appetite has gone! Oh well, the park was really nice. The modern art was mostly not my thing.

A mouse got into Sally's backpacks and ate her pineapple lumps. We told them this morning and they are going to change our room. I was relieved at how shocked they were. Afterall, this is probably the most we are paying for any accommodation the entire trip. It's a bit rough being rodent invaded.

I saw a million squirrells. they scramble up the tree trunks like lizards.

It isn't so hot today. That is a relief.

Got an american hotdog out of one of those wagons. Will probably get a bout of food poisoning now to accompany my cold.

Tomorrow I want to go to the Met museum, which is back in the park. And to the public library, which is meant to be amazing. And i want to buy a handbag. And Lou an I love NY tshirt. And maybe do one of those tours around on the buses. Then the next afternoon we are flying to Dublin.

Thanks for emailing me. I am the teensiest bit missing home. It was nice being around some trees today.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:53 pm, Blogger David said…

    I still owe you an e-mail at your work address, and you've gone off and relocated yourself to the other side of the world. Cool stuff! Have some serious fun.

     
  • At 12:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have a cold too. i am at home in my bed, my choice for the day was go to work or stay in bed. if my choice was go around NY or stay in bed i probably wouldn't be in bed. but it is warm and that in here. maybe you got bird flu off Big Bird. did you go backstage after the show? you miss home! oh no. glad you found some trees. they might help. i found this blog where a woman is moving to NZ from US on the same day we are going. i can't believe you went to a broadway show with muppet action.

     
  • At 12:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    personal jinx david!

     
  • At 9:23 pm, Blogger The Douros said…

    "I saw a million squirrells. they scramble up the tree trunks like lizards."

    This reminds me a little bit of my visit to NZ. My reaction was something along the lines of: "I saw a million lizards. they scramble up the tree trunks like squirrells."

    Seriously, though, you seem to be getting prolific again, which is nice. Perhaps we should send you on worldwide trips more often...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home