May 31, 2006

I'm in New York

We've had around 7 hours of delays, and a crash on the runway....but we're here. It is incredibly hot, and smoggy, and loud and flashy. I feel like its hard to breath and i'm completely adrift from everything i've ever known. But i think its just going to take a couple of days to find my feet, get some decent sleep rythyms, and figure out this blasted tipping system.

The ferry out round the statue of liberty and under the brooklyn bridge was cool. Ground zero was nothing but this construction site with some plaques around it. Maybe we missed the important stuff...

I am about to navigate the subway system myself. Hee hee hee...

tonight we're going to see a broadway show. thus far i have not been mugged or got horribly lost. Actually, we're doing all right. It was nice to see Lauren in the hotel lobby this morning, but they are off to philadelphia in the morning. Sally is home at the moment making the most of our very cosy double bed.

Okay, i might try and come back here tomorrow if we go to central park. And if i don't end up in queens on the subway.

xxx
pix

2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 pm, Blogger Ultra Toast Mosha God said…

    I think NY would probably put the frighteners on me, despite my previous excursions to other big cities around the world.

    GO adventure!

     
  • At 2:29 am, Blogger The Douros said…

    Greetings, Globetrotter!

    Glad to hear all is well and you're having a good time,

    Ground zero was nothing but this construction site with some plaques around it. Maybe we missed the important stuff...

    You did indeed, it happened 5 years ago...

    I am about to navigate the subway system myself. Hee hee hee...

    Good luck. It's a good way to rehearse for London...

    - The Douros

     

Post a Comment

<< Home